 Robotics / 4375
    Re: Why do it? Was: multi-device output controller —Wes Matchett
   Ralph, Thanks for reigning in the rabbit chase! As the originator of this thread I'd like to respond to the 'why'... I keep running out of ports on my creations. I see 5 or 6 as a practical limit. My criteria for a solution: 1. Entirely compliant (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: Why do it? Was: multi-device output controller —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Measuring PWM is not difficult, but it would involve a micro (PIC12C508 anyone?) dedicated to the task and then you would have to get it to drive the RCX, which means motor drivers, etc. If you are willing to spend $50 and LOTS of time, then (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)