 Robotics / 436
RE: Online ordering available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:40:12 GMT

so what does one get in the x-treme creatures expansion pack?  Does it come
with a snowboard and a can of mountain dew, or am i thinking about the wrong
type of x-treme?

(seriously though - has anyone picked it up yet?  what do ya get?)

-p

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Stein [mailto:stein@aps.anl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 1998 10:13 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Online ordering available

I also noticed that the local "Target" store (in Illinois) is carrying the
mindstorms and the extreme creatures expansion - $199.99 and $49.99
respectively.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Matthew Bates wrote:

It seems you can order Mindstorms online now...
(at least in the US anyway)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/profiles/lego/index.asp

Thanks for the pointer!

Two comments...
1) 219 is not exactly a discount, which is what I thought TigerDirect
was... a discount house...
2) I could not determine easily if shipping was extra or included. If
extra it's even worse of a deal since S@H doesn't charge shipping (or
tax, except CT). Argh.
3) I think they are using the same button images as the legomindstorms
site. I wonder if they got permission from TLG, no copyright info was on
the page... (1)

1 - That was three things.. So I can't count... That's what computers
are for, no?

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.