 Robotics / 4335
  Re: 3-wire converter for homebrew sensors

(...) [snip] (...) Ahh, but the stipulated purpose for Pete's sensor brick is that it gives a _linear_ response that isn't corrupted by the non-linear diode drop caused by currents that are often less than 2ma and perhaps not past the "knee" region (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3-wire converter for homebrew sensors

(...) It is a heck of a lot of complexity for a little added linearity. If you look at the plots on my general purpose interface section; the simple resistor interface is pretty linear. I think most of the nonlinearity in the powered version is due (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3-wire converter for homebrew sensors

Dennis, Thanks for your encouragement. The angle sensor connected straight to the RCX is non-linear because it is in series with another resistor located inside the RCX. During a sense operation, the RCX drives the sensor input from a 10K resistor (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)