 Robotics / 4308
4307  |  4309
Subject:
Using Robolab software with Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:25:13 GMT

I have a Lego Mindstorms set and am interested in a more powerful GRAPHICAL
programming environment (I am familiar with language CODING options such as
NQC and VB). Can I order JUST the RoboLab software  (Lego part no. 2000050 I
believe)? Is there any reason why the RoboLab software cannot be used to
program the RCX with the Mindstorms set (set of parts)? Or is there a better
option?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Sunday, March 21, 1999 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: Teaching with Mindstorms

In article <36F537A6.BD417FE8@pr.erau.edu>, Eric Lund <lunde@pr.erau.edu> • wrote:

I'm new here.  Is anyone using Mindstorms as a learning tool for junior
high or high school students?  Does TLG sell Mindstorms in
educational/school packages?

Dacta (Lego's educational branch) sells a number of Mindstorms products,
including Robolab - a programming environment that's significantly better
than the normal Mindstorms environment.  They also have a couple of RCX
based sets aimed specifically at the educational market and sell the RCX
and sensors separately (great if you want a second RCX or a new sensor).
The Dacta products are available (in the US) from Pitsco (www.pitsco.com).

Another good link is LDAPS -  http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/

Dave

--