 Robotics / 4236
Re: Sensor readings on the RCX display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:00:28 GMT

You can also force it to run the output.  Press and hold view while its
pointing to a output, and then the Pgrm and Run buttons work to run it
forwards and backwards.  Its a bit of a pain to use, but nice when
prototyping new mechanical creations.

alex

----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Clark <dlc@verinet.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 1999 9:56 AM
Subject: Sensor readings on the RCX display

  I know that you old-timers (?-) out there already know this, but I just
learned it last week and some others may not know by now.  You can read • the
sensor values directly on the brick's display by pressing the "view" • button
repeatedly until the arrow is under the correct power block.  I found this
super useful when debugging my RCX IRPD board which delivered four • different
values.  If was something that I could use without having to hook up to • the
RCXCC control panel.  I don't know what the last value displayed is • though,
I have never seen it change - is it a battery voltage level in some • oddball
units?

  Ya learn something new every day!

have fun,
DLC