 Robotics / 4170
4169  |  4171
Subject:
News readers vs. mailing lists (was Re: sale at eToys)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:33:08 GMT

Y'all,

There is a fundamental disconnect going on here. You can read these
postings either via your favorite news reader or via your email system. I
choose the former. What that means is that if I'm not interested in a
message as indicated by it's subject line, I just don't read it. Those of
you reading this from the mailing list don't neccesarily have that option
(luxury?).

Now I understand what the flames are all about. (Although civility would
suggest that we could do without the flames; perhaps you should flame the
source rather than the enitre group?).

Since posting HTML or binaries is prohibited by the rules, perhaps we
could add a line prohibiting flaming those who disregard those rules as
well? I find the flames more annoying than the original postings,  as well
as being rude (if not more so).

Perhaps a periodic FAQ about etiquette would be helpful here?

Cheers,
danm

Daniel Solaz wrote:

Who's this idiot who doesn't know how to behave in a mailing list?
It took me twenty minutes to download your shit and I pay for online
time, you know?
-Daniel
ps: Brian, sorry for calling you an idiot, but you deserve it.