 Robotics / 4138
RE: Three-wheel Synchro Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:33:45 GMT

Thanks Dave this looks like a promising lead. This could be useful if people
don't consistently run up the prices.  Like nearly every auction site I've
checked out the items tend to go for more than they can be obtained through
normal channels.  I was amazed once where hundreds of no-name computers were
bid up to at least the going retail price.  I think people get caught up in
the action.  Here is a case in point from auczilla:

[ ] 24 Gray 2x2 16-Tooth Technic Gears                sold  36.50   Rune M
[ ] 12 Gray 3x3 24-Tooth Technic Crown Gears          sold  12.50   Rune M

If you bought 12 "Gears & Differentials" sets from S@H and paid $54 (no tax
or shipping) you would get 24 of each of those gears plus 12 differentials
and other stuff (the dark gray gear is notable) too.  If you figure in the
postage that has to be paid for the auctioned goods, Rune might have paid
more than $54 total.  Pay more get less.  You must always know the value of
what you're buying at an auction, or you could get taken.

As far as the 1x16 beams I was looking for.  Six red ones went for $14.
Pitsco's 779927 "Red Beams" set is $8.50 and has qty. 4 of 1x16, 1x12, 1x10,
1x8, 1x6 and a bunch of smaller ones.  Unfortunately I think I'll just end
up getting tons of what I don't want and just throw them away.  Or I could
auction them off...  :-)

JT

PS Apparently some people should have been buying the 779942 "Connectors &
Bushings" from Pitsco.  Comparatively a great deal at $6.75.