 Robotics / 4102
Re: windows CE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:05:07 GMT

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Joel Shafer wrote:
I've thought about porting NQC.  I don't think it would be that tough.  I
think that the main challenge would be to get it to use the CE IR port
instead of the IR tower.

There have been a lot of threads on using alternate IR ports, but no one
has done it successfully (as far as I know).  Most computer IR ports
are IRDA and don't use the same carrier frequencies as the Mindstorms
stuff.  Someone did have a program that would allow some Windows CE
H/PC devices to send remote IR commands though, and perhaps that could
be modified to work with the RCX.

You can always use the COM port build into your CE device to
communicate with the RCX.  Its not as compact, but it works.

alex