 Robotics / 4042
RE: Program VB Light Sensor RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:15:10 GMT

Bob - Here's a VB program that does what you want.  This assumes that Spirit
.ocx is named "PbrickCtrl" as in the Mindstorm SDK examples.  Substitute my
statements in the "getstarted" example.  I hope this helps!  --- John.

Private Sub DownPrgm_Click()
    'Load to program # 1 in RCX
  PBrickCtrl.SelectPrgm 0

  PBrickCtrl.BeginOfTask 1
    'set output B for full power and forward direction
        PBrickCtrl.SetPower "1", 2, 7
        PBrickCtrl.SetFwd "1"
    'set input 2 to read light sensor as percent
        PBrickCtrl.SetSensorType 1, 3
        PBrickCtrl.SetSensorMode 1, 4, 0
    'start endless loop
        PBrickCtrl.Loop 2, 0
    'check to see if sensor value is < 50
         PBrickCtrl.If 9, 1, 1, 2, 50
    'if sensor value is < 50 then turn motor on
        PBrickCtrl.On "1"
    'if not true then turn motor off
        PBrickCtrl.Else
        PBrickCtrl.Off "1"