 Robotics / 4011
Re: more on age poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:50:39 GMT

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 FBurrill@aol.com wrote:

It seeems to me that the Lego company should have this data somewhere.

I was part of an official Lego survey.  That wasn't too long ago, so they
may not have the results yet.  I haven't gotten my Lego keychain yet for
participating.

The survey company email'ed me.  I gave Lego that email address when I
registered my first RCX and I also used it when I purchased my second RCX
through tigerdirect.com.  I'm assuming they surveyed a random sampling of
users who registed on the legomindstorms site.

After
all, it should directly affect their marketing strategy as well as the design
of the product.  I would be interested in knowing how many kids between the
ages of say 10 and 17 are using mindstorms and whether they find the product
frustrating or enjoyable and whether they are using the product in school or
at home.  Maybe someone at Lego marketing would be interested in this same
kind of info.  I don't know if you or anyone else has the time to develop that
kind of poll, but if you do I'd be happy to see the results.  Toni  Burrill

I expect to get the free keychain, I don't expect to see the results.

paulh@hamjudo.com  http://www.hamjudo.com
The April 97 WebSight magazine describes me as "(presumably) normal".