 Robotics / 3961
Re: Recommended Add-On Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:20:06 GMT

Useful info, nice site!

Here are my two penn'orth about Cybermaster:

I bough the RIS last year, and my girlfriend bought me Cybermaster for xmas
(hurrah!).  Cybermaster is a very good set, even though it has built in
motors.  The built in motors have tachos on them, which makes it an
excellent mobile platform.  It comes with an extra motor, and absolutely
shedloads of good lego bits.  Seeing as it's cheaper than RIS, it's very
good value.

Cybermaster is obviously not as flexible as the RIS, as it is really
intended for making vehicles.  If I were going to spend out on extra Lego
robotics kit, I would buy another RIS rather than Cybermaster.
Having said that, the Cybermaster set is definitely worth the money.

btw, where can I buy a Space Shuttle for 60 UKP??? I want one!!!

Lego Lad

-----Original Message-----
From: S. Crawshaw <sc10003@eng.cam.ac.uk>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: 23 February 1999 11:03
Subject: Re: Recommended Add-On Sets?

I have a first draft of my page on Mindstorms add-ons up and running at

http://www-control.eng.cam.ac.uk/sc10003/addon.html

I'd be very happy to receive any comments about the style/content of this
page, and especially any "wishes" for what information you'd like to see
there. (Apologies in advance for some of the gaps in the page - these will
be filled in as and when time permits)

Stuart