 Robotics / 3940
Re: Fw: Idiot Children
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:46:05 GMT

This is ridiculous. They understood English well enough to read directions
for getting _ON_ the list, so surely they can read directions well enough to
get off of it, and if not, there is always babelfish. It's nowhere near
perfect, but you can usually get the gist of what it says.

Besides, spamming is _not_ the answer.   Ever.

trowt
-----Original Message-----
From: rajackson@qnx.com <rajackson@qnx.com>
To: lego-robotics <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Monday, February 22, 1999 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Idiot Children

:Previously, you (B van Dam) wrote:
:>
:> >Not everybody speaks English as well as you do, and if you look at the
:> >choice of words again perhaps you realise that the meaning is less
obvious
:> >than you think. To at least 1/3 of all people who visit my site English
is
:> a
:> >second language.... the same may apply to this list.
:> >
:
:Ok so when does English as a second language become an excuse for
:stupidity? I paged through the original 8 messages (i've become
:immune to most of the chain mail and empty posts), I laughed at the
:follow up and was annoyed by your post (ps the indent of your post
:makes it look like your responding to a post).
:
:As for the original post, I'm curious as to why the deamon does not
:discard empty messages. They tend to rile most people and seem to
:be of the "get me off the list" catagory.
:
:--
:Did you check the web site first?: http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics