 Robotics / 3924
  NQC 1.2 in beta testing

There have been substantial changes to the code generation algorithms, so I'm going to run a longer (and more formal) beta cycle for 1.2. Details can be found at: (URL) announcements will be on lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc Dave (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NQC 1.2 in beta testing

Some questions about proposed features Proposed Features * Allow variables to be scoped to tasks and inline functions * Parameter passing and return values for inline functions If I am reading these right, would the above new features allow RCX (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 1.2 in beta testing

(...) No, you still wouldn't be able to do that since the RCX bytecode to play a tone requires compile time constants as its arguments. The scoping would let you put variables inside of tasks (hiding them from other tasks), if you wanted... task foo (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: NQC 1.2 in beta testing

Well, those are still cool new functions...I will keep wishing the RCX firmware allowed runtime evaluations instead of constants. Maybe LegOS does...does anyone know? Rich (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 1.2 in beta testing

The thing to remember about legOS is that pretty much anything you can do in C (gcc, egcs) in 32k of RAM, you can do with legOS. I believe that both legOS and NQC have definite places in the RCX programming universe. I happen to have been using gcc (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)