 Robotics / 3923
OFF-TOPIC - Re: idiot adults
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:58:52 GMT

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 FBurrill@aol.com wrote:

I don't know if the people you're talking about are children or not,

The term "children" was used sarcastically, much as one might use it with
a bunch of rowdy co-workers.

but if they are I'd have to say the only idiot in question would be
someone who would insult kids that may not undertand the language or
the meaning of and instruction and are trying to learn something that
most adults aren't even willing to try.

Well, the flame was in response to some 8-10 posts of "get me off this list"
by the same person. So, 1) this probably was not an actual child, and 2) this
person demonstrated that they are *not* trying to learn. At the bottom of
each and every message on this mailing list, there is the list-added line
"Did you check the web site first?: http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics".
Clearly, the answer was "no". There is an obvious link for getting off the
list.

If  you think this is a child  or someone confused about the
instruction, why night take the time to communicate with them and explain
politely why this is a problem and how they can correct.

If the thought had been that it was a child, or someone simply confused,
then some time and consideration might have been taken. As it stands,
the actual posts struck me as the petulant whining of someone who coldn't
be bothered to read the instructions. Or even ask nicely.

So, while I don't really condone the flame, I can certainly understand it.

Dave Taira     | Broken pipes, broken tools, people bending broken rules /   |
Hired Gun      | Hound dog howlin', bullfrog croakin' / Everything is broken |
bodhi@foad.org | --Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"                         |