 Robotics / 3872
3871  |  3873
Subject:
Star Wars Mindstorms Press Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:33:33 GMT

I was just reading the press release at:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/legos/mindstorm/droidkit.jpg
(if you haven't seen this yet it's worth a look)
and found this interesting:  It says that it's got a built in light sensor,
and motor, and 7 PRE-PROGRAMMED behaviours.  I'd just like to say I like the
flexibility of the original mindstorms where the motors and sensors aren't
built into the micro-computer brick.  And what does the 7 pre-programmed
behaviours say about the ability to write our own programs.  Will we be able
to overwrite all 7 (better than original with only 5 programs :-) or will some
of them be protected (pure speculation on my part...)?  I'd also like to say
that the pieces on the dome/head are a real cop-out.  It might not have looked
as good with regular lego parts, but at least it would be parts you could use
in other things.