 Robotics / 376
Re: Multiple Cybermasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:03:05 GMT

This is an important consideration as over here in the UK, we have a
robot wars program currently showing on BBC TV where contestants control
their creations in an arena via radio control. Note that this is not the
same as two autonomous computers interacting. However, on my Cybermaster
box it just says "...where Crusher and Stinger have their breathtaking
battles."
Whilst it does not claim multiple direct control, I think it is a bit
misleading.

In message <F25G68.87x@lugnet.com>, Eric Brok
<lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes
CyberUser wrote in message ...
I have looked through your various RCX internals and cannot find any
evidence of addressing which would allow communicating with more than
one Pbrick or CM2 unit from one PC. Is there a unique number within a
unit or could one be downloaded. If not has anyone got any thoughts on
this?
Also it looks as if all radio frequencies are the same unlike radio
control model cars which allow groups to race together.
--
CyberUser

The CM docs say multiple CM units would interfere 'cause they use same
frequencies. Tests should point out wheter this means all communication
would be disturbed or all CM units respond exactly the same. in the later
case, you could make a program which makes each CM unit 'recognize' messages
that are directed to them only.
Combining CM and MS doesn't have these problems because IR and Radio doesn't
interfere, but of course the units can't exchange messages directly.

Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
Dutch section:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/nl