 Robotics / 3744
RE: legOS development release imminent / C++
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:24:24 GMT

Ben,

Markus L. Noga wrote:
I'm worried about compactness with C++ in general. The code • generated by
this function is 76 bytes long:

void do_sensing_c() {
  int i;
  ds_active(&SENSOR_1);

  for(i=0; i<100; i++) {
    cputw(SENSOR_1);
    lcd_refresh();
    delay(20);
  }
  ds_passive(&SENSOR_1);
}

The exact same thing in C++ generates 232 bytes:

void do_sensing_cpp() {
  Sensor s(Sensor::s1,1);

  for(int i=0; i<100; i++) {
    cputw(s.value());
    lcd_refresh();
    delay(20);
  }
}

A factor of three. I'm not sure whether it's worth treading this
path.

These don't look exactly the same to me, but without the definition of
Sensor, its hard to say...
I think you'll find the destructor for Sensor effectively
encapsulates ds_passive().

-- Paul.