 Robotics / 3737
Re: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:24:16 GMT

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:47:55 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (S.
Crawshaw) wrote:

It's available near me for 60 UKP ($100) ... I'm still trying to decide
whether I need it :-)

Go for it, if you either want to have a _very_ cool model to display,
or if you like the gearbox design - it's rather cool. Also, you ghet
two motors, one oldstyle technic, one mini, and a FOS element that
apparently can be used as a makeshift rotation sensor. Then there's
lotsa white & black beams, battery box, lotsa 1*4/2*2 plate hinges,
and _plenty_ of #3 and #2 axles. Then there's the _white_ #4 and #8
axles.

Jasper