 Robotics / 3714
3713  |  3715
Subject:
Teacher in UK needs s'ware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:42:27 GMT

Hi
I wonder if anyone there can help a brand new novice- in fact I have just
received 12 RCXs today. I teach at school and we are going to introduce the
Lego eqpt to teach our 12-yr olds control tech.

My problem is this.

We received all 12 RCXs today .... but software is "to follow".... and
would you
believe it, we began half term holiday today. So I won't get s'ware for a whole
week. During which time I could be busy producing worksheets for my

Is the official Lego s'ware available to download from the Internet?
I have seen messages mention alternatives.... are there any?
How big is this "spirit.ocx" that I have seen mentioned in postings & which
seems to control the RCX?  Can it be downloaded? What other s'ware would then
be essential to run the RCX?

Many thanks if you can spare the time to reply.

Thanks

Gareth Jones
School teacher in WALES, UK