 Robotics / 3608
3607  |  3609
Subject:
Sending message to RCX from NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:43:10 GMT

I'm trying to write a program that will run a pan/tilt head for a larger
robot, using the RCX to fake a pair of servos.  The problem I'm having
right now is that every time I send a message using `nqc -msg N` (where N
is a number), it tries 4 or 5 times (I can tell because the camera tilts
forward as many times, as per my program), but claims that the RCX isn't
replying.

Any idea what might be wrong?  I'd really like to get this working very
soon, because I'd like to use this thing in a demo we have to do tomorrow
evening.

TIA,
   Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user