 Robotics / 352
Re: Using NQCC, Linux and 8482 CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:00:00 GMT

At +0000 11/6/98 23:38, you wrote:
I believe the tachometers just use different source numbers (similar to
how Timers and random numbers work).  You should be able to define the
appropriate macros similar to how Timer() is implemented in rcx.nqh.  I
believe there are also a few commands that are CM only (such as
ClearTacho).  These can be implemented with asm statements.

If someone puts together all of the necessary additions, I can add them to
the rcx.nqh file.

This shouldn't bee to hard, if I knew how to control these tachometers from
the
original Lego software.

I've also added low-level support for nqcc to talk to CyberMaster, but
have been unable to test it.  Any volunteers?

I have tested it and made some minor additions to get it to work correctly.
The NQC 1.0 b1 binary executables, compiled for RedHat Linux 5.1, can be
downloaded from my web page at:

http://www.viktoria.informatics.gu.se/~peter/lego/

I have sent the source to Dave Baum, hopefully he will include it in the
next release on NQC.

Peter Ljungstrand,  Viktoria Institute

Email: peter@informatics.gu.se
Phone: +46-(0)31-7735543        Mobile: +46-(0)708-302251
Fax: +46-(0)31-7735530        ICQ: 6820636
Visitors: Viktoriagatan 13, 7th floor
Snail-mail: Box 620, 40530 Göteborg, Sweden