 Robotics / 346
Re: Lugnet not accepting mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 02:11:38 GMT

Tony Firshman wrote:
Todd Lehman writes:
Tony Firshman wrote:
Have tried replying to a lugnet email which arrived as part of the joint
venture.

Beware - one needs to register first:

Response from the news server:
441 New Users Start Here:   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

You would get this message if you addressed a posting directly to
lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com, or if you addressed a mail to both
lego-robotics@crynwr.com and lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com (and you hadn't
yet signed up to post directly to the lugnet.com server).  To avoid
this message rejection notice, send messages to lego-robotics@crynwr.com
only.

I simply 'replied'.  I think I will avoid the issue by lurking again.
Seems a totally hostile environment (8-)#

Oops -- that's no good.  Sorry, the gateway wasn't intended/designed to be
hostile...the server simply didn't recognize you and didn't know you were
replying to a message you received through the gateway.

The good news is there's a fix.  :)

Messages going out to the people who are subscribed via e-mail to
lugnet.robotics will continue to go out normally, but messages going out to
the gateway to lego-robotics@crynwr.com now go out with the reply-to field
set to lego-robotics@crynwr.com (instead of lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com), so
that when you simply 'reply', you won't be hit with a surprise message from
the lugnet.com newsserver.

I apologize for the distress caused to you and hope that this fix meets with
your approval.

--Todd Lehman