 Robotics / 3398
RE: 360 deg. swiveling electrical connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:31:36 GMT

Well, this is not for purists but...

Those phone cord detanglers are 360 degree electrical swivels.  It might be
a bit of a trick to mount but it would work great and they only cost a few
bucks.

JT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Kimball [mailto:ben@fusiondev.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 8:26 AM
To: lego-robotics
Subject: 360 deg. swiveling electrical connection

I put together a quick guard turret that spins, tracks direction, and fires
missiles from the cyber slam cannons. Perfect to guard your home territory.

Cool idea. I've been working on a wheeled tank using the add/sub
transmission discussed here. I have a small rotating turret on top of the
beast, but hadn't yet figured out a good way to trigger the CyberSlam
darts.

Is anyone else making warbots?

You bet! Someone said there'd be a competition in Austin...

Has anyone figured out a good way to maintain an electrical connection
between two parts separated by a 360 deg. rotating joint? Wire would just
twist up eventually and pop loose or tear.

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Kimball                                  <mailto:ben@fusiondev.com>