 Robotics / 3371
3370  |  3372
Subject:
motor/generator observations/thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:25:08 GMT

    I put together a two wheeled bot today and was showing my son about how
one motor could be used as a generator to drive the other motor. Leaving
them wired so that one drove the other the same direction, I twisted my bot
around on the table, and was surprised how hard it was to turn, but it
rolled fine going straight forwards and backwards.  This struck me as
somehow useful, as a way to limit unwanted motion.  Seeing that I only have
two motors, upcoming distractions, and a beer in my brain, I didn't play
with any applications.
    Could some of the more clearheaded among us think of some useful
applications to this?