 Robotics / 3309
    measure motor torque with a light sensor —Ben Erwin
   If you hook the motor to an input and then set up the input to read light sensor - you can measure the retarding torque on the motor (100 is stopped, 0 is free) (this from Chris Rogers) -Ben (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: measure motor torque with a light sensor —John Cooper
     (...) I think this will only work with CM, lights are powered by the RCX and this will probably run the motors all the time. I guess a touch sensor in raw mode would do it, but wouldn't return anything like 0 and 100. What happens when a motor is (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: measure motor torque with a light sensor —Michael Gasperi
   (...) Actually you are measuring the speed of the motor. For DC motors the current is linear with torque and the speed is linear with voltage. If you just hook the motor to the input, you made a tachometer. It will only work in one rotation (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)