 Robotics / 3257
Re: Programming Information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:11:11 GMT

Hi,

The Lego-Robotics Wiki web maintains pages that list the available
programming options for Mindstorms and Cybermaster. See:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/NewProgrammingSystems.htm

This Wiki site is a collaborative web site that can be added to by anyone
interested in Lego-Robotics. If you're interested, check out the front page
to the site using the link below.

You may also find the Bot-Kit link useful since it describes an interface
between the Smalltalk programming language and Mindstorms. Smalltalk was
originally developed at Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) as a
programming environment suitable for children and adults alike. Bot-Kit is
free and uses Dolphin, an inexpensive ($30) version of Smalltalk for
Microsoft Windows.

Regards,

Andy Bower
---
Visit the Lego-Robotics Wiki Web
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/FrontPage.htm
---
Program Mindstorms with objects
http://www.object-arts.com/Bower/Bot-Kit
---

The Clark Family <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
   We HomeSchool and I want to use mindstorms in my 16 year old
sons curriculium. What
advantages are there to using Visual Basic for programming
Mindstorms versus the the software
provided in Mindstorms. Also anyone using RoboLab? How does that
compare to the capabilities
of VB? \We have done one year of Logo so there is some experience
in programming but none in
Visual Basic. Also any resources  you could give for the
different programming options would be
appreciated.
             Thanks
            Jim clark

This message was sent from Bess.Net, a filtered Internet Access Provider
for children and families.