 Robotics / 3240
RE: VB5 and the RCX Datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:24:40 GMT

Oh yeah, thought I would add:

When I try using it in VB5 in NT4.0, nothing happens whatsoever.  When
Spirit1.UploadDatalog....  is reached, not IR tower action and program
continues on it way with no uploaded datalog.

When I try using it in VB5  in Win95 and reach the UploadDatalog code line,
I get a stack overflow error and VB5 gets a GPF (General Protection Fault).

Has anyone else experienced this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cwikla, Brian [SMTP:Brian.Cwikla@bestbuy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 9:11 AM
To: Lego-Robotics (E-mail)
Subject: VB5 and the RCX Datalog

I'm using the Spirit.ocx control in Visual Basic 5 and following all the
instructions in the Mindstorms SDK.

Howerver, whenever I call, for example,
Spirit1.UploadDatalog(value1,value2), and am using proper values, the
light
on the IR tower doesn't even go on.  I've even tried using the exact
sample
as listed in the SDK and still, the light does not go on and nothing is
transmitted whatsoever.

I've checked AsyncronBrickError for any messages: nothing.

SetDatalog and DatalogNext work just find and the data is getting put into
the datalog area.  At least, as far as the MemMap command says.

Also, all other commands work find and I have not had any problems with
them.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,
Brian