 Robotics / 3234
Re: Communicating with Cybermaster not easy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:21:28 GMT

In article <008d01be48ad$3aa6bae0$d8b1acc1@fam.-van-dam>, B van Dam
<bvandam@westbrabant.net> writes
I use 2400bps 8 bit no parity 1 stopbit
I am sending a byte sequence like the following:
0x55 0xFF 0x00 0x10 0xEF 0x10
where the three first bytes are the header,
0x10 is data and 0xEF is complimentary to 0x10
and the last 0x10 is checksum (sum of all data mod 256)

The light on the rcx radio tower is blinking when I send the data
but the light on the rcx is not blinking as it should when receiving data.

I get nothing back to th PC.

Do I need some advice or should I take up collecting stamps?

If the protocol for Cybermaster is the same as for RCX, you should
alternate the &H08 bit in consecutive commands, otherwise the RCX can
ignore them.  So if you try command 10 as in your example, you should
try command 18 the next time, then 10 etc.

Have a look at my qbasic program in www.phesk.demon.co.uk/lego/
--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 20