 Robotics / 3176
  slightly off topic: two questions (one of them for EE types)

I hate batteries. I have a lego bubble-blower in my office that I use as a demo when people tour our center, and it is really annoying to have the battery-pack batteries die at inopportune moments. It seems silly to have the $250 serial interface (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: slightly off topic: two questions (one of them for EE types)

(...) Yep. Some sets (like 4558 - I got mine from a second hand 4558 I bought with the controller, and traded for a Mindstorms without :) ) come without the controller, and you have to buy it separately. I believe MSRP is arounf $50 or $40, but you (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)