 Robotics / 3001
Re: Help! Can't talk to IR Tower with Mac w/nqcc!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:21:50 GMT

I thought so too. I did have the RCX on at the time. I also checked out the
full communications tonight by downloading the firmware using Mindstorms. (A
PC @ work is temporarily housing the sw!) so I know that everything else
works. This is driving me nuts!

rob

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Ben Kimball) writes:
I get the green led to turn on in the IR Tower

I'm pretty sure that this only happens when the tower is properly
communicating with the host PC (in this case, a Mac). At least, mine
does, and it works fine. Perhaps you don't have the RCX powered on and in
line of sight to the tower? I usually put mine just three inches away or
so from the tower.

Cheers,
Ben

--