 Robotics / 2907
2906  |  2908
Subject:
Building Old Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:18:36 GMT

I was wondering something...

People's lego creations are getting more and more complex, especially
with technics and such...

How do you guys go about rebuilding your favorite great model designs?

Do most people photograph their best models extensively so they can be
rebuilt in the future?  Never build the same thing again?  Or build
from memory, improving on the old design as you go?  Or do you go
through the time and difficulty of using Ldraw or similar?

For example, if I was Jonathan Stephenson and built his Lego Technic
Corvette, I'd have a very hard time ripping it all apart so I could
build something new.  Recreating that model for display would be
difficult.  I wonder if he took some professional photographs and had
them framed... A truly amazing model

How many people can afford to build complex models, put them on
display and choose not to reuse their parts for new models?

How about the rest of you?  I'm curious.

I could sure use a digital camera...

<ICS>