 Robotics / 2825
  RE: Laser Pointers

Just a thought, I haven't tried it but a small focused beam penlight might perform better. I like the IR better because it's not obvious to the uninformed just what is going on. I'm going to try moving the light sensor about to scan for objects. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Laser Pointers and IR Range finding

Yeah I Agree The IR is more mysterious. I was originally thinking just how cool it would be to have this little red dot that the Bot used for range finding. Thinking more about the problem of IR in a hostile environment I realised you can do (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Laser Pointers

The force of the IR proximity detection is that the IR flashes, detecting the difference in incoming light will almost certainly only detect proximity (and not overhead windows or lamps). You could propably get comparable results with any kind of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)