 Robotics / 27986
Re: Activating an EV3 forum?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Bennett, Christopher (bennetc5)" <bennetc5@mail.uc.edu>
wrote:
I got it to move quickly and I
spun a tire off the rim and then "welded" a differential to a beam from friction
after about 10 seconds.  Impressive.

Lego was very concerned I was melting parts at high RPM.  LOL

Love it! My young students haven't melted anything yet, but they've sure twisted
a lot of axles in battle.  Is the software only downloadable with a purchase
key?  It would be interesting to have my students download the software onto
their home computers.  That way they can do some figuring out at home, minus the
robot (unless they're exploring something real challenging and their parents
pick them up and sign off on the robot).
I suppose we could have a web cam in the lab and have the kids work with the
robots online, couldn't we?
I guess I'm just going to have to get one before Christmas.