 Robotics / 27974
    Kalman Filter on the NXT —Claude Baumann
   The Kalman Filter may be perceived as a discouraging, almost occult calculation method. Many do apply the filter just by following some "cooking recipes", and they don't care much about the internals. However, if the filter is well studied and (...) (12 years ago, 28-Dec-12, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Kalman Filter on the NXT —David Koudys
   (...) All over my head. But, if and when I actually get my GPS robot working, I'm going to look this up again. Dave K (12 years ago, 28-Dec-12, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Kalman Filter on the NXT —Bruce Boyes
   I have a memory from attempting to use the Kalman filter, starting with a model, and working through the math, that it made some assumptions, which importantly included an originally good sensor signal subsequently clouded by noise. Kalman can (...) (12 years ago, 28-Dec-12, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Kalman Filter on the NXT —Claude Baumann
   (...) That's what the Kalman filter is about. One of its important application areas is navigation (from rockets to ships and robots). In our example, we try to develop the implementation for a robot driving in one only dimension, the x-axis. And (...) (12 years ago, 29-Dec-12, to lugnet.robotics)