 Robotics / 27849
Re: NXT and iPod touch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:57:22 GMT

Now that rev 3.0 has been released for the iphone and itouch, maybe the
software can be updated.

The NXT brick sees my iPod touch, but I get no response from the iPod.  So
it is close.

Thanks.
Ddodge

soren121 wrote:

No, it will not work. Due to Apple's restrictions, any device that a
developer wants to talk to over Bluetooth must be brand-new and approved
by Apple. The developer of the iNXT Remote app says that if the
restrictions are changed, he will gladly add direct Bluetooth support.
Until then, if you have a computer with Bluetooth in it, you can use it
with the iNXT Remote app to control your robots. :)

Rafe Donahue wrote:

My kids are planning to upgrade the OS on their iPods to 3.0.  Apparently
this
upgrade will enable the bluetooth functionality that has been there all
along.

The question: does anyone have any experience with iPod Bluetooth and our
beloved NXT?

Thanks,
Rafe