 Robotics / 27834
Re: 12/29/09 Portland Snowstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:53:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
This became one of the most interesting deviations I've had outside of regular
class activities.  A flurry of inventions tried to find their way through the
snow.  All kinds of contraptions from plows, skis, threads, duallys, walking
sticks, etc. were tried and evaluated.  Obviously what worked on the carpet, did
not do very well in two inches of snow.

It's too bad we're back into rain.  We would have had a lot more interesting
robotic inventions worked out if we still had fresh snow on the sidewalks.

We sure had a lot of fun!

Thanks for sharing this. A number of Technic contraptions have shown up during
the past few weeks that somehow involved travelling over snow. Did you take any
pictures of the things your group built?

Jetro