 Robotics / 27704
27703  |  27705
Subject:
I have some questions about motor control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:34:57 GMT

Hi,

Finaly, my project attempt to clear the last big boss.

However, I am done the single motor control.

Now I would try to control pair of motorol with synchronize.

But the motor control command has so many option and flag, so I confuse

using of them.

In addition to, I am programming without any extra library or wrapped tool,

only with "raw" command data sending/receiving to the NXT.

But the information that I found on the web explain with their language

and wrapped library like NXC, MATLAB, C++, pbLua etc

so it is difficult to understand and apply to my program.

of course I am tested the options and flags one by one but some of them

shows different result by conditions of test, I am confused.

OK. the questions is below:

1. How do I set "sync" two motors?

I tryed: give same command with setting "sync" flag on to two motors, but I
didn't know it was work or not?

2. How do I set master-slave relationship between two motors?

The web article said when two motors are "synced", one is the master and the
other is the slave but don't said

how to do it.

3. After synchronize to two motors, do the control command give only the
master motor? or still give two motors?

I guess: the motor first reseived the control command with "sync" flag
setting on is the master and second motor

is slave, but the result of the test seems to be wrong my idea.

4. I want to get clearly explain about "TurnRatio" field in the control
command structure(SETOUTPUTSTATE)

Some post said when the value of TurnRatio is 0, two motors are turn same
speed and direction, but the other post

said when it is 100, the speed and direction is same, so I don't know what
is correct.

When I tested it, anyway, it seems to work. but even the motors turn a
while, then automaticaly change it's direction.

It's strange.

5. There is ramp up and ramp down flag, when is it work?

I know the flags work to smoothly motor turn up and down and confirmed the
ramp down flag is work.

But I tried to turn on a motor with ramp up flag, the motor is not turn on,
and in steady brake mode.

Sorry too many questions with poor and broken english...

I am waitting for reply.. help me please..

NXTelectroneer