 Robotics / 27637
    Using generic IR ports for RCX 1.5 —traltixx
   Hi, I can't find my lego mindstorm IR tower and I was thinking if it is possible to hack a generic IR dongle ( (URL) from a computer so that it can communicate with the RCX brick. Is that possible? How do I do this? Thanks (16 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Using generic IR ports for RCX 1.5 —Steve Hassenplug
   I've seen many people attempt this, but none who have succeeded. (but I won't say it's not possible) Steve (...) (16 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Using generic IR ports for RCX 1.5 —Claude Baumann
   (...) IrDA works quite differently from what the RCX is capable of understanding normally under usual firmware. I don't think that you can change the dongle reactions, since on the physical layer it will work according to the IrDA specifications. (...) (16 years ago, 7-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics)