 Robotics / 2763
Re: Pen Mounting Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:19:59 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Ickna wrote:

    My problem is that the lines will skip and the marker wont stay straight
up and down, suggestions?

If you construct a beam with an L-shaped cross section, the pen can rest
along the groove in the corner of the L, held with small rubber bands at
top and bottom.

    Also I have some problems with the paper feed mechanism, I used a road
baseplate for the bottom, and the paper rides on that, I then used geared
down tires beefed up with printing labels, not much, but sometimes works.

Try putting the tires on the end of a hinged beam, so that they can
provide even pressure for any thickness of paper.  Add some rubber bands
for more pressure.

Enjoy.  :)

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/