 Robotics / 2757
RE: simple touch sensor construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:33:44 GMT

If you place the bolts on diagonally opposite corners within the 2 x 2
square, then the connector will work from any orientation:

Currently, the web page shows

x o o o

But if you do

o x o o
x o o o

(The x's represent the nuts, and the o's represent the normal Lego studs).

Then you can plug the connector on in any of the 4 orientations.

---
Dave Hylands               Email: DHylands@creo.com     3700 Gilmore Way
Principal Software Developer Tel: (604) 451-2700 x2329  Burnaby B.C.
Creo Products Inc.           Fax: (604) 437-9891        Canada V5G 4M1

-----Original Message-----
From: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com [mailto:lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 7:05 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: simple touch sensor construction

I've been working on constructing a touch sensor from parts of old
devices.  I discovered that the micro switches from a MS mouse and a
Logitech mouse are the exact width of the inside dimensions of a 2x Lego

brick.  Here are the instructions and two pics of the results.  The
price is right, $0.00

NOTICE: Followers of the pure Lego Religion.  Following the included URL

link will open a browser page that contains explicit material.  The
photos are violent in nature.  If this type of material offends you,
CLOSE THIS MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY.

http://www.mnsinc.com/wesmat/TouchSensor.html

Hope this is useful.

-Wes