 Robotics / 27504
Re: Bluetooth connection drops very often in Bricx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:25:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, bigboss97 <bigboss97.geo@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm using BricxCC and whenever I've changed something (even a single number)
I've to download my program to my NXT. It's a bit slow. But I can live with
that. The worst thing is that the connection drops during or after the
download quite often (even my NXT just seats next to my Bluetooth dongle).

Questions:
1) How can I get my connection more stable?
2) Alternatively, how can I reduce my downloads?

It sounds to me like you are running BricxCC with it configured to launch the
NBC compiler executable rather than telling it to use the built-in version of
the NBC compiler.  In this mode a) it is a bit slow, and b) the connection drops
during/after the download.

If you use a BricxCC and you use a Bluetooth connection to communicate with your
NXT then you absolutely need to tell BricxCC to use the built-in NBC compiler.
This option should be on the Preferences|Compiler|NBC/NXC tab.  If you do not
see this option then you need to install the latest BricxCC test release over
the top of your existing BricxCC install.

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/test_release.zip

Let me know if this helps or not.

John Hansen