 Robotics / 27477
Re: NXT, Bluetooth & cell phones/PDAs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:58:35 GMT

   Greetings,

I need to buy a new PDA/cell phone. I want to get one that will be able to communicate with my NXTs via Bluetooth. Ideally, I’d like to be able to have the NXT send a “take picture” command to the device and have the device send commands to the NXT, preferably even act as a remote control for the NXT.

On a more mundane level any device I purchase must also have a primary function of sending/receiving email. It should be able to easily type email - preferably with a full QWERTY keyboard (no shared buttons). Phone functions are secondary to email functions.

Does anyone know of any device(s), available in the USA, which can do what I want?

Thank you in advance for your time.

-MDT

“LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest.”

I’m still looking for a new phone/PDA which can communicate with my NXT.

Any suggestions? Sometimes the best information is what NOT to use...

-MDT

P.S. I’ll be at BrickWorld. If you want to talk about it, or anything else, I’ll be one of the tallest people attending: I’m 6ft 8in (203cm). Please feel free to introduce yourself. :o)

“There is no such thing as too much LEGO.”