 Robotics / 27461
Re: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 19:35:18 GMT

Given the frustrations I've had, I can't agree with the "10/10" ease of use rating that the BotMag comparison ( http://www.botmag.com/articles/10-31-07_NXT.shtml ) gave NXT-G. However, it does show that RobotC is, apparently, twice as easy to use as NXJ and NXC; that might be enough for me.

My BlueTooth dongle is in the hands of my expert-soldering-friend Charlie Dunn ... the dongle had an unfortunate accident involving a nephew, a foot, and some unwillingness to admit accountability. The BlueTooth capabilities definitely give RobotC a big plus, in my book, as does the speed. I've often though about messing around with self-balancing, but wasn't enough of a programmer during my RCX days to attempt it.

Thanks.

--Doug Wilcox

-----Original message-----
From: "Steve Hassenplug" steve@teamhassenplug.org
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:16:46 -0700
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

Hassenplug's comparison page, for the record, was invaluable: http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTSoftware.html .)

Thanks.  That's why it's there.

I can't tell you which one to use, but hopefully you've been able to
mark a few off your list.

Thanks for the advice. Do any of you have practical experience with the differences between NXC and RobotC?

I've been using RobotC, because I'm doing stuff with Bluetooth that's
simply not possible with the standard firmware (and NXC)

Steve

--Doug Wilcox

WordSmith Digital Document Services
329 Nowell Street
Nashua, NH 03060-4453

*** ***

603-886-5225 home phone
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ#: 24868783
AIM: WebMeister Doug
Y!: WebMeisterDoug
MSM: WebMeister Doug

- Web design
- Desktop Publishing - Design
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class