 Robotics / 27424
  Re: NXC: turning on the light

(...) My guess is you can turn it on using one of the powered sensor types such as SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT_ACTIVE or SENSOR_TYPE_LOWSPEED_9V. I don't have a lamp to test this with or any of the cables that are required to connect a lamp to a sensor port. (...) (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

Thanks a bunch for the reply! The education set has the lamp, so my students would like to use it now... I'll keep you 'posted' about the results... Regards, Torsten Otto (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

(...) The lamp is relatively power hungry, so you should connect it to a motor port for best result. OnFwd ("ports", "pwr"); will light it, with brightness controlled by the pwr parameter. Off ("ports"); will turn it off. I have not tested, but most (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

(...) Since the lamp is a rather power hungry device, it is best to drive it with an output port. Use OnFwd(port, pwr) to turn it on (with brightness controlled by pwr parameter), Off(port) to turn it off. Though I have not tested, it should also (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

We successfully tried the following: task light() { OnFwd(OUT_A, 100); } It works like a motor =) OnRev works as well. We haven't yet tried the other idea. (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

(...) Philo wasn't able to post here but via email he pointed out that it is best to use the lamp on an output port rather than a sensor port. Here's what he had to say: Since the lamp is a rather power hungry device, it is best to drive it with an (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC: turning on the light

(...) Well... my messages were published about 10 hours after posting... :-( Philo (16 years ago, 16-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics)