 Robotics / 27395
    Coming out of the dark ages... —Ardjan Besse
   Hi, I am just coming out of my (second) 'dark ages', now that my kid has turned 5y and is starting to build LEGO, so I can get my LEGO out of the stores again... I didn't have the time yet to check all postings, but can someone quickly fill me in (...) (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Coming out of the dark ages... —linmix
   You'll need to either get the RCX 2.0 software or use NQC. As far as I know no one has (yet) managed to use the IrDa port and I believe Vista doesn't support Serial ports... you might try a USB to Serial converter, but that doesn't always work. (...) (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Coming out of the dark ages... —Dennis L Hitzeman
   Interestingly, this exchange caused me to break out my own RCX 1.0 to do some experimentation. I was able to get the serial IR tower to work with Windows Vista Ultimate x64 by using the USB to serial cable from a Vex programming kit (it's actually a (...) (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)