 Robotics / 27161
Re: Power Function Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:50:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I just read the detailde article in Brickjournal 8 about the new Power
Function Motors.
Thansk for all the work you put into ist to all involved.

thank you

I do have a question though. In the new creator set 4958 there appears
to be a sound module that integrates with the new motor set. Can you
tell me anything about it?

There is not so much thing to say.

As far as I can remember (I do not have this part at home), the sound module has
is own battery (can't tell you the exact reference right now) and work
independantly of the new system, which means it is not directly remote
controled.

The sound is a roaring sound (well, the bass are not very good as the speaker is
quite small...you can perfectly imagine a mooing instead of a roaring :-) )

This sound module is very similar (if not identical) to the sound module in the
4893 set.

Didier

PS : The 4958 which was planned to be released in august is yet available here
in France at TRU.

linmix