 Robotics / 27135
RE: Reading Datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:43:14 GMT

RobotC RCX firmware is compatible with Robolab and the vast majority of
the Ghost API messages. You can get this firmware by installing an
evaluation copy of RobotC.

If you are using Robolab, then there are a large variety of VIs
available for uploading and graphing. Just browse around on the Robolab
VIs and documentation and you should find them -- I haven't used this
for ages so I can't help you out.

IF you have the GhostAPI working with the Lego supplied firmware then
the datalog functions should also work with the Robolab or RobotC
firmware. In fact, Robolab uses the GhostAPI.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf
Of Gustavo Goretkin
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:22 AM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Reading Datalog

I am trying to get the Datalog from my RCX to be displayed on my
computer. I am using RobotC to upload the datalog using the
"UploadDatalog(nStart,nEnd)" function. It is sending the Datalog because

I can see the green LED on the IR tower light up. I have Robolab 2.5.4
but I do not see anything that receives a Datalog from the RCX. I am in
"Investigator" but I do not understand how to graph the Datalog.
Furthermore, I do not truly want to use Robolab. I was hoping to use
something like Visual Basic with the Ghost API to display the Datalog in

an image.
Thanks
-Gustavo Goretkin