 Robotics / 27102
Re: Robo Quad - Stage Seven
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 00:53:23 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Eric Sophie wrote:

New improved neck geometry. Neck and Head motion use RC Racer style motors.

Stage Seven Goals:
  • Use polarity reversor and RC steering servo for neck control.
  • Locate proper pivot geometry for the neck.
  • Incorporate large shock absorber to aid with the weight of the neck.
  • Route wires and camera cables though the body.
Stage Eight Goals:
  • Complete sides of the neck.
  • Complete head design.
  • Add cockpit for pilot.
  • Begin tail articulation.
Eric Sophie

Very impressive. The complexity of this robot is astounding. It looks very heavy. Will there be enough power for the weight? I am not doubting your work but it is a question that may come to some when they see how many parts are involved in the robo quad.

Another important question: have you programmed in Asimov’s three laws?