 Robotics / 26983
Re: Microsoft Robotics Studio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:18:46 GMT

At 01:24 PM 3/7/2007, John Greathouse wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with the Microsoft Robotics Studio with the RCX / RIS
2.0 ???  I have been able to write a program that uses the direction
control to
control a basic roverbot moving left/right forwards/backwards and another
program that handles events from the touch sensors but I can't seem
to get them
both working in the same program / application using the same manifests.  Any
ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
John Greathouse

Please let me know if you have much success. Several of us working on
a robotics project tried the Oct and Nov 2006 releases and could not
get the out-of-the-box Lego NXT demo to stay connected for more than
about 60 seconds, even after hours of debugging. This was on a
variety of PCs, BT radios, etc. Haven't had time to get back to it
after that dose of frustration. It seems like DSSP is a bit of a big
black cloud - hard to penetrate.

Other software like iCommand ran flawlessly on the same hardware, so
it doesn't appear to be the hardware that's causing the grief. We'd
very much like to get Robotic Studio working - it has so much promise...

Best regards

Bruce Boyes