 Robotics / 26897
Re: FindLight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:29:18 GMT

Please try some semicolons on your lines!

Chris

linmix wrote:
I'm trying to write a simple program to make a roverbot-like robot seek
for light.
My basic idea is to use a timer ( Timer(0) ) to keep track of how long
the robot has been turning and a variable (time) to remember the moment
when the brightest light was seen. I don't think there is anything
fundamentally wrong with this approach (any suggestions are welcome),
but I've run into an error and don't know what causes it.

Can anyone please explain what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance
linmix

This is my code:

//findlight.nqc

#define A OUT_A
#define C OUT_C

int light, maxlight, time;
int turntime = 500; //change to accomodate 1 turn

task main()
{
  SetSensor (SENSOR_2, SENSOR_LIGHT);
  ClearTimer (0);
  while (Timer (0) < turntime)
  {
    OnFwd (A);
    OnRev (C);
    if (SENSOR_2 > maxlight)
       {
            maxlight = light;  // set maxlight to new max value
            time = Timer(0);  // remember when maxlight was found
       }
  }
  OnRev (A);
  OnFwd (C);
  Wait (turntime - time);   // return to the point where the highest
light level was found
}